Cost of Stay / Payment Method
An estimate of the cost of your admission can be provided to you by the Accounts or Admissions Office at 01-277 1400
Payment can be made in three ways:
- Cash Payment
- Private Health Insurance – see list of providers below
- Non-insured patient of the Cluain Mhuire Community Mental Health Service
Saint John of God Hospital deals directly with the following private health insurers:
- VHI (Voluntary Health Insurance)
- Aviva / Irish Life Health
- ESB Medical Provident Fund
- Saint Paul’s Garda Medical Aid Society
- Prison Officers’ Medical Aid Society
- Non-Insured Patients
The Hospital does not run a walk-in assessment unit.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
It is essential that a patient knows their level of insurance cover as all policies vary. Some policies may pay 100% of the costs; others may only pay a percentage, resulting in the patient / policy-holder incurring a significant payment upfront.
Where there is a shortfall on the policy, you will be required to pay this on admission. Your insurance company can provide details on the level of cover provided in the policy.